Breaking Beer-iers: Women in Beer & Ramen Dinner
Time & Location
About The Event
Join Beers With(out) Beards and exclusive sponsor Stone Brewing for a beer dinner and panel discussion. We’re combining the joy of drinking and eating with a deeper discussion on the gender disparity in craft beer. Through tracing the career narrative of five beer industry veterans we will discover and explore ways to overcome stereotypes and barriers in a predominantly male-dominated trade.
Consuming all this knowledge we’ll certainly leave us hungry for change and for a feast. We’ll extend the discussion over a delicious dinner courtesy of our perennial go-to spot Ivan Ramen with beer provided exclusively by Stone Brewing. Our panelists will join everyone around communal tables to chow down and continue the conversation.
To remember the night each participant will take a home a limited, one-of-a-kind, custom-designed BW(O)B and Stone Brewing tumbler that we've made only for this event!
Come break bread, beer, and BEERiers.
* Laura Ulrich - Small batch brewer at Stone Brewing and president of the Pink Boots Society.
* Ting Su - Co-owner of Eagle Rock Brewery and founder of the Women's Beer Forum.
* L.A. McCrae - Founder of the first female, black, gay-owned brewery in the U.S. - Black Star Line Brewing Co.
* Camille Shoemaker - Graduate of the Master's Program in Food Studies at NYU with work focusing on gender dynamics in the beer industry. She is also the brewer at Vine Street Pub & Brewery.
* Sarah Howat - Owner and Operations Manager of Black Project Spontaneous & Wild Ales.
Ticket will include: Admission to the panel, appetizers and a noodle dish from Ivan Ramen, and beer provided by Stone Brewing.
This event is part of Hop Culture's Beers With(out) Beards Week.
25 Clinton Street
New York, NY 10002
Regular Admission $30.50
Camaraderie Members $25.50
MEMBERS - Please make sure you're logged in to your user account to access your discounted rate.
Click "My Account" then "Member Events".